Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

18 Weeks

 
As your growing uterus starts shifting your center of gravity (belly forward, bottom out), hormones are causing your ligaments to relax and joints to loosen. The result? Back pain and soreness. On the bright side, if you want to know baby's gender, this might be your first week for a sneak peek.

Size of baby: sweet potato
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 lbs according to the scale at home. 

Maternity Clothes: work pants - yes.  They were getting too uncomfortable.  I still wear short and t-shirts when I'm working at home and I know at least one pair of my jeans still fit.

Gender: drum roll.......GIRLS!  At least one girl anyway.  The other baby was being difficult with positioning so their best guess on the other baby was girl as well.  We go back at 22 weeks and will get another look then.

Movement: I think so.  It feels like something is rolling in there.  And yesterday I was either having some muscle spasms or they were kicking.  Not sure which one it was.

Sleep: Good!  Its been a busy last couple of weeks paired with cooler temps.  So I am sleeping great!

What I miss: Not much lately.  I've been feeling really good.  Even got some NA beer while we were on vacation to make me fit it :)  It tasted pretty good actually. 

Cravings: Still liking watermelon.  Eat it about everyday for breakfast.

Symptoms: Not may.  Just the little movement I feel now and then and the belly getting bigger :)

Best Moment This Week: Well...this week and last week...we found out we are having 2 girls (probably anyway) and that they both look healthy.  We also went to tipton for the weekend and attended the Tipton Church Picnic.  Always a good time!

Milestones: Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements (and I think I am!).

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting the basement done!!!  I'm getting so frustrated it is taking so long.  I don't want to start getting baby items until we have a place to put them.  Also the gals at work are planning a baby shower for me on October 10th.  My first shower date is set!  I'll be 27 weeks then.  Things are moving fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com